• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread went out with a whimper. Oh well, I would have been pretty cool to see what JF coulda done with this cast. Poles resets the clock and Steelers will likely release JF b4 the signing deadline.

For awhike there,I was on the CW train,but the thinking of the haul we could have gotten andadding more weapons for JF,I too would of liked to see where we would gotten....

Then after looking at JFs 4th qtr stats this past season,I was all for CW again........

As for the Steelers,its up in the air for me,JF may be able to out play Wilson for that starting job.
They got some tough defenses in the AFC North to face.......

Ps,we could use another regular on this board......stick around.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was just no way that the bears could have utilized Fields like any other team in the league is going to utilize him, as a gadget QB. All the "classroom" smarts were one again proven useless on the football field. Fields will be Tayson Hill on the Steelers. He would not have been that here. That is his nitch. Even if it works out, it would have never happened here. And the apologists will continue. Are there really fans on the Panthers boards saying they never gave Cam a chance? Never gave him a cast when he was out of football at 31?

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. If JF had gone to a competent team he might have had a chance, but he came to the town that destroys QB's and WR's so we'll never know. Maybe Seattle will revitalize his career in 5-7 years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was just no way that the bears could have utilized Fields like any other team in the league is going to utilize him, as a gadget QB. All the "classroom" smarts were one again proven useless on the football field. Fields will be Tayson Hill on the Steelers. He would not have been that here. That is his nitch. Even if it works out, it would have never happened here. And the apologists will continue. Are there really fans on the Panthers boards saying they never gave Cam a chance? Never gave him a cast when he was out of football at 31?

Justin Fields is a much better passer than Taysom Hill.

I'm not even sure what your point is in bringing Cam into the equation.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for Caleb, we would have stuck with Fields as he is still a capable starter in the NFL with upside. Vs other prospects in this class: Maye needs time to sit, Daniels is just a lateral move and Fields is just better than the other QBs in this class. Wouldn't be surprised if he does well in Pittsburgh

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields is a much better passer than Taysom Hill.

I'm not even sure what your point is in bringing Cam into the equation.
because Cam is the guy that Fields is closer to as far as arm and leg talent. only cam had 5 years of throwing for over 3000 yards, once almost 4000. Fields was stellar throwing for 2562 last year. Maybe you will understand when Fields is out of football at 32.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Cam is the guy that Fields is closer to as far as arm and leg talent. only cam had 5 years of throwing for over 3000 yards, once almost 4000. Fields was stellar throwing for 2562 last year. Maybe you will understand when Fields is out of football at 32.

You compared Fields to Taysom Hill.

That was weird.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Fields is sooooooo much faster than Cam it's absurd.

In all honesty I would use Cam as an example of having a mildly competent OC that Fields has yet to have in the NFL.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just making all this up.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF just ran out of time. Pittsburg will have to release him or they'll get stuck signing the 22.5 M contract for next year. Poles, by trading JF reset the $$$ clock and this time this new rookie has some great weapons around him. I don't think anyone could watch the last half of the season last year and argue JF took the next step. That packers loss was a complete team meltdown, not just the qb position. Whoever picks JF up as a free agent will be getting a worthy quarterback. I'm still pissed, tho'!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF just ran out of time. Pittsburg will have to release him or they'll get stuck signing the 22.5 M contract for next year. Poles, by trading JF reset the $$$ clock and this time this new rookie has some great weapons around him. I don't think anyone could watch the last half of the season last year and argue JF took the next step. That packers loss was a complete team meltdown, not just the qb position. Whoever picks JF up as a free agent will be getting a worthy quarterback. I'm still pissed, tho'!
Not sure if that last loss against the Pack was the deciding factor. Poles might have already had his mind made up. But if it was the tiebreaker, then all doubt was removed. I think that game sent a collective sad sigh across all Bears land.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a very rational discussion in this vein as opposed to saying he's a gadget qb.

I will acknowledge I was wrong on his "street value" but I also think Poles killed it. The entire last season was a waste of time for JF and the Bears from a qb position. Getsy didn't even bother.

And mark my words. Getsy will be a massive failure in Vegas.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're such a fucking asshole. I can't even look at you right now, Stakes.

SMH.

If Luke Getsy has children I bet he has a boy and a girl and one is named Aaron and the other is named Erin.

(Just looked it up and his daughter is named Nora)

Nora backwards is Aron

Coincidence?

Nope!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get-your-2027-caleb-williams-jersey-v0-lqkbn1281cxc1.jpeg

God Bless the Internet.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just making all this up.
What is cam doing? I am pretty sure you are lost if you do not think the Steelers are going to use Fields as the gadget quarterback. Justin has already claimed his support for Wilson, seems perfectly happy to carry his jock and do whatever it takes. But to just say that Fields game in no way resembles Cam Newtons game, down to the number 1 is just weak.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You compared Fields to Taysom Hill.

That was weird.
I am saying his role is going to be like Taysom Hills role on the Saints, get Fields the ball in space and let him run.

Tomlin is not going to anchor his career to Fields as their QB1 over Wilson other than for injury.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears might not be the only team to give up on JF:

Doesn't mean he's a goner after next year, but it's not exactly a sign of the Steelers being sold on his future with them either.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears might not be the only team to give up on JF:

Doesn't mean he's a goner after next year, but it's not exactly a sign of the Steelers being sold on his future with them either.
No, but the way NFL free agency has worked lately, its not like we will see a slew of 10 teams wanting to talk to Fields so we can see how many teams really want that QB. But again, it is completely different in every other team situation. There was no way the bears could have "demoted" Fields to playing running back, receiver, (somehow getting him the ball in space) kick returner or carrying the starting quarterbacks jock. Most likely he takes this year off, actually learns on the sidelines from Wilson, and signs with the first team that offers him the starting role, just like OSU.