• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Official Seahawk Draft thread

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Westover might go undrafted. Good chance at bringing him in for a look if so. Dude made some pretty incredible catches at UW.
Surprised ZTF is still out there. Culp as well. Might be a few dawgs picked up in UDFA if they aren't taken in the 7th

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for something else on Jerrall.

He went to the Buckeyes proday....

AND OUT PERFORMED THE TOP BUCKEYE OL PROSPECT.

We might have a LG steal here

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know much about most of these guys it I'm happy we loaded up interior line guys.

Not surprised at all that they didn't grab a QB. Howell is their project QB.

Surprised they didn't grab a safety. Either they think there will be a lot of quality UDFA safeties or they plan to move Bryant to safety or they will look to sign someone like Simmons which I don't know how they could do that

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know much about most of these guys it I'm happy we loaded up interior line guys.

Surprised they didn't grab a safety. Either they think there will be a lot of quality UDFA safeties or they plan to move Bryant to safety or they will look to sign someone like Simmons which I don't know how they could do that

I think the their looking to move byrant to S and stick one of the 2 Tigers in his spot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know much about the bulk of players taken or available Day 3 so I'll have to see how it turns out. While I'm glad they use multiple picks on OL I'm not sure how effective doing so in round 6 is TBH, I guess one never knows. I am also surprised they didn't take a safety but maybe they just weren't impressed with who was available after round 3 or they feel they are fine at the position.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about the bulk of players taken or available Day 3 so I'll have to see how it turns out. While I'm glad they use multiple picks on OL I'm not sure how effective doing so in round 6 is TBH, I guess one never knows. I am also surprised they didn't take a safety but maybe they just weren't impressed with who was available after round 3 or they feel they are fine at the position.
6th round picks usually don't hit. Truth be told 3rd round picks don't usually hit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. Day one was a A+. Day 2 was a A. Day 3 been very uninspiring to me. No good values, haven't taken anyone I was hoping for, not really drafting for need but not drafting for upside either it doesn't appear. Oh well day 3 often turns out that way.

today was a typical JS draft. Nothing great just bodies.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider indicated that Carroll pulling rank was a rarity

“It’s exactly the same,” Schneider said. “Pete was amazing in terms of—he could have been that guy that put his foot down and was like, ‘Contractually, at the end of the day I have final say here.’ He rarely, rarely did in 15 years.

“He never said, ‘Hey, we’re not doing this or we’re going to do this.’ It was more along the lines of, I could tell he didn’t feel good about a trade or an acquisition or whatever. I could feel that, so why would we force that and why head down that road? But, yeah, it hasn’t changed in that regard.”

You can choose to believe Schneider is providing a diplomatic answer and that there was more dissenting than he’s letting on, or take him for his word and conclude that this was a largely harmonious, successful partnership in which Schneider has had a hand in the great, good, bad, and horrible moments the entire time. He’s not denying that there have been some overrides/rejections/reservations, but he specified that it wasn’t frequent.

You all need to drop this "It was all Pete's fault" Attitude because it's just not true and is high school BS of making someone that was removed the scapegoat for all the evils. Like it or not Pete and John were in bed together. The good the bad, all of it. Removing Pete doesn't change what John did and STILL does. Pete over riding JS was "Very Very rare" Johns words. In other words probably 1 or 2 times in 14 years. Yes i know... i know you all want to believe that it was all Pete because it helps you sleep at night but it's just not true and is just lazy thinking.

Last edited: