• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys: Gen V

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boys: Gen V is the first live-action spinoff and second overall spinoff of The Boys. It will be about supes in college.

First look:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always welcome... the boys is just so good... hope this is good...

either way i will watch it... and now i am excited for it....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting...

I will say The Boys is 100% carried by Anthony Starr and doesn't look like he's in this, so curious to see how it'll go. I'll go into it with lower expectations as a result.

I mean Urban, Moriarty, Quaid, Capone are all fantastic.... but every episode I was watching I just wanted that guy on the screen as soon as possible. Starr was great in Banshee.... but he's made Homelander the most corrupt superhero/villain in cinema history. Every scene he's in with the facial expression, dialogue, how he sells the line just oozes a nervousness in how he gets the audience and other characters to react.

Given he's more a villain, I can't think of a better one. Yes, Anthony Starr is better than Heath Ledger's joker, and it's not even close.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting...

I will say The Boys is 100% carried by Anthony Starr and doesn't look like he's in this, so curious to see how it'll go. I'll go into it with lower expectations as a result.

I mean Urban, Moriarty, Quaid, Capone are all fantastic.... but every episode I was watching I just wanted that guy on the screen as soon as possible. Starr was great in Banshee.... but he's made Homelander the most corrupt superhero/villain in cinema history. Every scene he's in with the facial expression, dialogue, how he sells the line just oozes a nervousness in how he gets the audience and other characters to react.

Given he's more a villain, I can't think of a better one. Yes, Anthony Starr is better than Heath Ledger's joker, and it's not even close.
I'm halfway thru the third season and I have to agree wholeheartedly about Homelander. The whole reason The Boys is so compelling is because he's a terrifying and unpredictable force for evil. Its why the Dark Knight, Avengers and Infinity War are the greatest super-hero movies of all time; Star Wars was so enthralling and the best Sci-Fi/Fantasy series; Harry Potter turned up to eleven after Goblet of Fire...the stories antagonists were some of the greatest in movie history!

I'll give the spinoff a go to get a fix but without Homelander it won't be as brilliant.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first 4 episodes are done... so far, im liking it... no, its not the Boys level of greatness... But it is very entertaining... predictable, but thats not a bad thing for this type of show... i do wonder if they will have any events that will affect THE BOYS show...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna need to recast or rewrite.