• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Roadtrip: 4/19 - 4/25

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err never a worry. Munoz had it all the way.
:whistle:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice series win. It would be so nice to lead by 2 or or more runs heading into the 9th in games against good teams. So f'ing stressful.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo Rivas is the rook coming up to take JP Crawford's place.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo Rivas is the rook coming up to take JP Crawford's place.

I can honestly say, I have never heard of him. My brother and I had to look him up after the game. 10 year minor leaguer making his pro debut. He was so excited looking in the dugout before the game. Good for him. Just means a lot more D-Mo in the lineup.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say, I have never heard of him. My brother and I had to look him up after the game. 10 year minor leaguer making his pro debut. He was so excited looking in the dugout before the game. Good for him. Just means a lot more D-Mo in the lineup.
He stole 50 bases with the Travelers last year, and like JP, he walks a lot, although he'll be getting the rookie squeeze from the umps up here. Anyway, it was the right call to make. Bliss and Young have both been in a slump lately and need to stay down and work on their hitting.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stole 50 bases with the Travelers last year, and like JP, he walks a lot, although he'll be getting the rookie squeeze from the umps up here. Anyway, it was the right call to make. Bliss and Young have both been in a slump lately and need to stay down and work on their hitting.

It is way too early to call up Young. He is barely getting wet behind the ears in AA. Next year is when we should take a look at both him and ford.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is way too early to call up Young. He is barely getting wet behind the ears in AA. Next year is when we should take a look at both him and ford.
No reason to rush Ford, who looks overmatched so far in AA anyway. We control Raleigh's contract from 2024-2027.
Crawford's contract runs from 2024-2026 so no reason to rush Young/Bliss either although it would be nice if one them could take over second base at some point.
Ty France's contract runs through 2024-2025. I'm hoping Locklear will be ready to take over.
It would be nice if all three positions could be filled from within rather than suffering Dipoto's dumpster diving in the FA pool.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bliss has been working a lot on playing 2B so it doesn’t really make sense for him to get the call at the moment. Bliss will move back to SS and I’d bet in 2 weeks if JP has a set back he will get the call up.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info. I love with a guy puts in all those years in the minors and gets a shot. You know he loves the game to stick around that long.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ..hey know ..( Dave.
Sims imatation )..
For Moore and urias....
And they won the game..
An other .

Hey know .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bliss has been working a lot on playing 2B so it doesn’t really make sense for him to get the call at the moment. Bliss will move back to SS and I’d bet in 2 weeks if JP has a set back he will get the call up.
Urias..has to be doeing poorly ..dfaed .or out for..
That to happen....

Moore and urias ..
Won.the game today....so..it's a bit early...
To say bliss...

But if urias gets hot ..
Then ..
Hey know ...

I also saw.polanco.make..
A great play at 2b against..
Rangers...... Nice..

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game. Good for Haniger. Please stay healthy Mitch. Please please please.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they are in first place and this thread is basically over I can derail it.

Just watched the Reggie Jackson documentary on Amazon. Reggie was part of a group headed by Bill Gates and Paul Allen trying to buy the Dodgers in the late 90’s. Where the F was this group in 95 for the Mariners. This franchise would’ve been so different had they had Bill Gates and Paul Allen money with Reggie Jackson trying to be the first successful black GM with his passion of winning. Griffey wouldn’t have pretended the crash affected him, Randy would’ve got his contract instead throwing his season and ARod would’ve signed an extension.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they are in first place and this thread is basically over I can derail it.

Just watched the Reggie Jackson documentary on Amazon. Reggie was part of a group headed by Bill Gates and Paul Allen trying to buy the Dodgers in the late 90’s. Where the F was this group in 95 for the Mariners. This franchise would’ve been so different had they had Bill Gates and Paul Allen money with Reggie Jackson trying to be the first successful black GM with his passion of winning. Griffey wouldn’t have pretended the crash affected him, Randy would’ve got his contract instead throwing his season and ARod would’ve signed an extension.
How many games might they have won in 2001 with that ownership group and a lineup that was not handicapped from the mid-to-late 90s FA departures and desperado trades?
C Wilson
1B Olerud
2B Boone
SS ARod
3B Bell
RF Ichiro
CF Griffey
LF Jose Cruz Jr
DH Edgar
utility inf - McLemore
4th outfielder - Javier
Bench/PH - Buhner
Rotation - RJ, Moyer, Sele

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games might they have won in 2001 with that ownership group and a lineup that was not handicapped from the mid-to-late 90s FA departures and desperado trades?
C Wilson
1B Olerud
2B Boone
SS ARod
3B Bell
RF Ichiro
CF Griffey
LF Jose Cruz Jr
DH Edgar
utility inf - McLemore
4th outfielder - Javier
Bench/PH - Buhner
Rotation - RJ, Moyer, Sele
It’s just crazy to think two of 3 richest guys in America at the time, from Seattle, didn’t try to purchase the Mariners. No idea why these rich dudes love basketball so much but Paul Allen in a non salary capped sport would’ve been ridiculous.

Plus it also seems crazy that if Reggie Jackson got an ownership together baseball didn’t jump at the chance. A portion of the doc talked about race and it seems that would be the only real reason IMO if Gates and Allen were involved.