• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Brent

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this topic has been out there for a while...but what is the thinking in keeping him on the roster? Couldn't he still have the support of the team without taking a roster spot? I understand he made a mistake, but it is one he made before and since then continues to make mistakes with alcohol and drugs...supposedly.

So has anyone heard what the end game is here? Even if he were to go to court today and be found not guilty, he is still going to serve a decent sized suspension from the NFL isn't he? I mean he has DWI and drug tests failed. Of course, it doesn't appear that he would be found not guilty and would serve at least some jail time. So supposed he gets 6 months in jail (not sure that is even an option but roll with me), that takes him out for the 2013 season. Then he busts his butt and gets back in shape for the 2014 season, I would expect he would have at the very minimum a 4 game suspension and likely a full season suspension because of all the bad publicity the NFL has had lately. It could be 2015 before he is even eligible to take another snap, and at that time he would have been out of the league for almost 3 years and 27 years old.

Seems like there must be some reason, like maybe legal help, for keeping him on the team. I just don't see it.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he even that talented that someone would want him?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he even that talented that someone would want him?

He was pretty good and a big body. It's not like the guy was Reggie White or anything. I'm all for giving people chances to fix their mistakes, not ruin their life for one.

But what happens when TC is over and we are doing roster cut downs? Does dallas still keep him on the roster and bounce someone who could actually contribute the next two years? Will the NFL give an exemption for him?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either. They keep trying to say its because of Jerry Browns mother and her plea to Jerry Jones. It makes no sense to me but then again, JJ makes very little sense to me.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive thought the same thing #1Boston, to me, even if he were greenlighted to go, he'd be their 3rd tackle, he's not beating out Rat or Hatcher. I would cut ties, its easy enough to find depth DT's for a 4-3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either. They keep trying to say its because of Jerry Browns mother and her plea to Jerry Jones. It makes no sense to me but then again, JJ makes very little sense to me.

Yeah, that has been my feeling too. But at some point we need that roster spot, and just because he isn't part of the team doesn't mean people turn their backs on him. It will all work out, but I haven't been following it too much so wondering if somone else was and had more info :suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that has been my feeling too. But at some point we need that roster spot, and just because he isn't part of the team doesn't mean people turn their backs on him. It will all work out, but I haven't been following it too much so wondering if somone else was and had more info :suds:

I live and work in Dallas and that's the speculation by local sports radio outlets, but no one can wrap their head around it. Brent has some talent but the means don't justify the end. I honestly have no clue. Local radio were expecting them to cut him after the Aaron Hernandez incident(s) but nothing has happened. Even after he was jailed for a probation violation they still haven't cut him?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all the speak from JG & coaching staff about wanting to have Character players on the team, this seems to say all that speak is full of shit. he should have been cut as statement for the other players. But he wasn't. So then he should have been cut when he was caught using drugs again. But he wasn't. Then the 2nd time he was caught & not cut. Now it is simply absurd for any of the front office to talk about wanting players with high character values.

Being responsible for a death of another Human being you would think would be serious wake up call for most people. So for those thinking give him a chance so be it. But when the guy continues to have no self control (if he cares at all) about the scenario he is in. Cut him loose. it isn't all of a sudden gonna change who he is now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they cut him now they are still responsible for his contract and its cap hit. they are waiting for the NFL to rule on his case

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they cut him now they are still responsible for his contract and its cap hit. they are waiting for the NFL to rule on his case
my understanding from the capologist from the ESPN board is the price is like 11k (that's picking up the bill for the DL's dinner one night) it will cost the Cowboys in dead money.
I think 11k is well worth spending to drive home to point of making your players accountable for their actions. Instead of making the case of the front office & coaches hypocrisy.

Think the Pats definitely makes the Cowboys front office look like fools right now.