• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fallout

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really did like it!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Fallout is already the biggest hit ever on Prime. So what does that mean for the IP in general? Will there be movies? More shows? More games? All of the above? And to think Bethesda appeared to be pretty much done with the IP after their half-hearted launch of 76 and placing Starfield and Elder Scrolls above it in their internal priorities over the last few years.

I know this level of popularity will probably lead to its quicker ultimate death, but in the short term, I think that means we will be getting a LOT of content in the coming years.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Fallout is already the biggest hit ever on Prime. So what does that mean for the IP in general? Will there be movies? More shows? More games? All of the above? And to think Bethesda appeared to be pretty much done with the IP after their half-hearted launch of 76 and placing Starfield and Elder Scrolls above it in their internal priorities over the last few years.

I know this level of popularity will probably lead to its quicker ultimate death, but in the short term, I think that means we will be getting a LOT of content in the coming years.

I think Bethesda will most definitely make a Fallout 5 it hasn't been confirmed but everything has indicated that there are major projects pointing in that direction. I think they are trying to milk 76 as much as they can because that game is still making money even till this day with their updates.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of the series that I played was FO4 and I loved the game & this show. Great casting, accurate source material & clever writing. Really happy they didn't try to sensor the game material & go for a broader audience.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bethesda will most definitely make a Fallout 5 it hasn't been confirmed but everything has indicated that there are major projects pointing in that direction. I think they are trying to milk 76 as much as they can because that game is still making money even till this day with their updates.

They’ve already said Fallout 5 is on the back burner because they’re focus is on ES6 which is still a few years away so I doubt we see it anytime this decade.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve already said Fallout 5 is on the back burner because they’re focus is on ES6 which is still a few years away so I doubt we see it anytime this decade.
Unless something has been said recently, I think they are putting more focus on FO5 now. Howard said within the last couple weeks that FO5 is a high priority.

Bethesda is a cash cow asset for Microsoft. And I can’t imagine they won’t do everything possible to further capitalize on the success of the show.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something has been said recently, I think they are putting more focus on FO5 now. Howard said within the last couple weeks that FO5 is a high priority.

Bethesda is a cash cow asset for Microsoft. And I can’t imagine they won’t do everything possible to further capitalize on the success of the show.
This was written a few weeks ago and still says ES6 is next. Now of course it uses a quote from Todd Howard from 2021 but given there has been no update from him since then I think it’s still on the back burner

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was written a few weeks ago and still says ES6 is next. Now of course it uses a quote from Todd Howard from 2021 but given there has been no update from him since then I think it’s still on the back burner

I doubt they will shelf the work already done on ES6 in favor of FO5. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see them put more work into FO5 that they may not have done otherwise.

ORRRRRR

Maybe they hand the heavy lifting to Obsidion. Both are in the Microsoft family (I think Obsidion is actually under the Bethesda umbrella now???).

The FO skillet is HOT right now. Putting a new release off for another 10 years or so is not really the greatest idea. Maybe the do FO4.5 instead a full FO5 (similar to FO:NV)?

An inverse question…

Is an ES show out of the question at this point? It is also a vast fleshed out universe, with arguably a MORE rabid fanbase, and it already has a huge product ready for launch in the not-too-distant future…

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ES6 has to be next. That thing was announced forever ago.

I'd imagine a new Fallout would come after that. I almost wouldn't be shocked if Outer Worlds 2 was rebranded as Fallout. I think Microsoft owns everything now so they might be able to do that and Outer Worlds 2 is currently in development. I dont think the Outer Worlds brand means much and probably gets confused with Outer Wilds.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ES6 has to be next. That thing was announced forever ago.

I'd imagine a new Fallout would come after that. I almost wouldn't be shocked if Outer Worlds 2 was rebranded as Fallout. I think Microsoft owns everything now so they might be able to do that and Outer Worlds 2 is currently in development. I dont think the Outer Worlds brand means much and probably gets confused with Outer Wilds.
Would both Outer Worlds AND Starfield still exist moving forward?

I didn’t get that far in OW. I think I stopped at about 70 hours or so. It wasn’t bad, it just never completely grabbed me. As problematic as I think Starfield is, I think the bones are still there to actually make SF a good game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would both Outer Worlds AND Starfield still exist moving forward?
I can't imagine Starfield met expectations. Not that it did poorly but there is no way its going to have the legs of Fallout or Skyrim.

Its just that Obsidian is the one company outside of the usual suspects that could actually make a Fallout game that would be immediately hyped.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Obsidian made Fallout: New Vegas. Which was a significantly better game than Bethesda's 3 and 4.

I scoured every inch of New Vegas, and played as many endings/factions as possible.

I ended up cutting Fallout 3 short, and did endgame early, not hitting every area like TenPenny Towers, and still haven't finished Fallout 4. I just ended up losing interest.

The busy work monotony of Bethesda's outings just didn't keep my interest like New Vegas did.

I would LOVE to see the same people from Obsidian make a new Fallout game.